About the Certified Professional in Learning & Performance™ (CPLP™) Credential
About the CPLP™ Program
The Certified Professional in Learning & Performance™ (CPLP™) program is administered by the American Society for Training and Development Certification Institute (ASTD CI) and credentials individuals in the workplace learning & performance field.
The CPLP™ certification program is based on the middle tier of 2004 ASTD Competency Model, which includes nine (9) Areas of Expertise (AOEs):
- Designing Learning
- Delivering Training
- Human Performance Improvement
- Measuring & Evaluating
- Facilitating Organizational Change
- Managing the Learning Function
- Managing Organizational Knowledge
- Career Planning & Talent Management
Benefits of the CPLP™
Enrolling in the Certified Professional in Learning & Performance™ (CPLP™) certification program offers practitioners in the workplace learning & performance industry a wide range of important benefits. The CPLP™ designation following your name demonstrates to current and potential employers that you possess a solid foundation of experience and education in workplace learning & performance that can have a positive impact on bottom-line results.
- For Individuals - Confirms a level of competence in the workplace learning & performance industry; increases job prospects
- For Teams & Functions - Establishes a structured path for professional development; recertification requirements encourage continuing education
- For Employees - Provides a framework for organizations to evaluate job and promotion candidates
- For the Profession - Defines standards and drives professional accountability; protects the public; raises industry and professional credibility
CPLP™ Certification Program Criteria
Candidates applying for certification as a Certified Professional in Learning & Performance™ (CPLP™) must satisfy educational and experiential requirements and agree to abide by the Workplace Learning & Performance Professional Code of Ethics.
Note: Although the program criteria accepts candidates with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience, candidates with five (5) years experience or more have proven to be more successful.
CPLP™ Certification Program Details
Beyond the initial eligibility requirements, the CPLP™ certification program consists of two phases:
- Phase I: CPLP™ Knowledge-based Exam
- Phase II: CPLP™ Work Product Submission
You must pass both phases of the CPLP™ certification program to achieve the CPLP™ credential.
The CPLP™ certification program is designed to evaluate the competence of workplace learning & performance professionals across all nine (9) Areas of Expertise (AOEs).
About the CPLP™ Knowledge-based Exam:
- Computerized exam delivery - at test centers throughout the USA & Canada
- Exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions from across all nine Areas of Expertise
About the CPLP™ Work Product Submission:
- Submission requires the candidate's successful completion of the CPLP™ Knowledge-based Exam
- Work product is submitted for only one (1) area of expertise
- Candidates currently have a choice of one of six areas of expertise to choose from
- Includes candidate's submission of sample project work, along with responses to ten (10) essay-style questions about the submitted evidence
- Also includes candidate's responses to two (2) 'challenge questions' - one strategic, one tractical - both related to the candidate's selected Area of Expertise
Visit the CPLPCOACH.com RSS Headlines department to view up-to-date job listings requesting or requiring the CPLP™ credential: http://www.cplpcoach.com/public/department22.cfm